ARRIVING BY TRAIN
About VIA Rail Train
VIA Rail trains depart Sudbury (downtown) 9am, Cartier 9:45 am, Chapleau 1:35pm and Missinabie 3:10pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday arriving 4:00 pm. Free parking at train stations. Trains return at 8:00am arriving Missinabie 9:00 am, Chapleau 10:30 am, Cartier 2:25 pm and Sudbury 3:50 pm. Return fare from Sudbury/Cartier $125 and from Chapleau/Missinabie $50. We suggest purchasing your tickets in advance on-line at www.viarail.ca using SUDBURY, CARTIER, CHAPLEAU or MISSINABIE as your origin and GIRDWOOD as your destination. Canadian cash only for tickets purchased on board the train.
VIA Rail trains depart White River 7am Sunday, Wednesday and Friday arriving 8:15am. Free parking at the train station. Trains return 5:00 pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday arriving 6:00 pm. Return fare is $50. One way fare $25. We suggest purchasing your tickets in advance, online at www.viarail.ca using WHITE RIVER as your origin and FRANZ as your destination. Canadian cash only for tickets purchased on board the train. No meal service on VIA's White River-Sudbury trains.
Length of Stay
- Saturday to Sunday or Thursday to Friday or Tuesday to Wednesday (7 days 8 nights)
- Saturday to Friday or Thursday to Wednesday (5 days 6 nights)
- Tuesday to Sunday (4 days 5 nights)
- Saturday to Wednesday (3 days 4 nights)
- Thursday to Sunday & Tuesday to Friday (2 days 3 nights)