Here are 5 things you may not have known about this beautiful lake:
1. Esnagi Lake is the traditional territory of the Cree and Ojibwe people. We acknowledge our Lodge sits on their traditional land and we are forever grateful.
2. Esnagi Lake is 27 miles long and reaches depths up to 90 feet!
3. Esnagi Lake is situated almost exactly between The Arctic and Great Lakes watersheds. This is the cause in the differing landscapes between the top and bottom of the lake.
4. Esnagi Lake is a watershed headwater which means that it constantly flushes local environments of pollutants. Keeping this lake protected means keeping the surrounding area healthy!
5. Esnagi Lake feeds the infamous “inland ocean” Lake Superior via the Magpie River which is located at it’s southern-most tip.
Esnagi Lake is a natural treasure and we are truly blessed to be located here. It’s a place where one can find both solace and excitement. If you’re interested in experiencing the magic and beauty of Esnagi Lake let us help you plan your next wilderness getaway.